Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Ruhka



By Jennifer Theories





Ruhka - Feb 1994 to March 6 2011
Source: Jennifer


Unconditional love


Every step I've taken for the last seventeen years,
has been followed by the girl with the black, fluffy ears.
She's my joy, my comfort, my shining light,
by my side always, warm days or cold nights.

Her eyes, they probe deeply and grow with each turn,
with each passing moment I watch as she learns
about the wonders of life, the birds and the bugs.
And she'll never turn down a session of hugs.

There are days that are dark and I have to cry
and she's always there 'til my wet cheeks are dry.
Even then she stands proudly, right by my side.
This little one's presence makes me glad I'm alive.

Ruhka came into this world as an unwanted puppy, sometime around February of 1994. We met her in May of 1994. She was running lose in the streets, happily chasing birds and her own curiousity. She ran out into the street and my husband had to lay on the breaks to avoid hitting her, meanwhile a car went racing through a stop sign at the intersection that my husband would have been passing through had he not stopped for this little black pup. No one knows for sure how serious of an accident it would have been but she either saved his life or at least alot of problems and damages.

My husband opened his car door and little Ruhka jumped right in and curled up on his lap.

We called all the city resources thinking someone must be missing this little bundle of pure joy but no one came to claim her. We are so grateful.

Seventeen years later, we are suffering through this feeling of loss but we know that we provided her with a grand and wonderful lifestyle and we know that she appreciated every second of it.

God has always blessed you Ruhka. Save a spot there for me.

Ruhka left her little body behind on March 6 2011 at 5:30 am. She was active and happy until the very end. I cannot truly express the love that we shared, so free from second guesses and alterior motives, so unselfish and so pure. She gave every moment her all. Even in the last two years as she began losing some of her senses - her hearing and her eyesight - she did everything she could to adjust and keep on being happy and affectionate. My husband and I held her as she breathed her last breath on this planet as our little black dog. She moved on naturally without anasthetic lying between us on our bed. She wasn't sick. Her whole life was a blessing from start to finish and although she has left her body behind, she continues to love fully as a free spirit.





Ruhka in October of 2010
Source: Jennifer
Love Your Dog

Comment from original posting:


Old Poolman Level 8 Commenter 8 months ago

This was beautiful and I can tell you truly understand unconditional love. Not everyone has experienced or can grasp this concept. This was a fantastic hub and thanks for sharing.

Status: Approved



Jennifer Theories Hub Author 8 months ago

Thank you Old Poolman. Even though I knew this was coming soon, my Ruhka's passing has hit me hard. This has been a year of great loss and grief for me and I hope that one day I have the courage and the ability to care for another 'unwanted' dog. Seventeen years, oh what do I do without her.

I also want to add that I noticed there are google ads for dog breeders on my page. I don't want that. Please, please, please, never buy a dog (or cat, rabbit or anything else) at a breeder or a pet store. There are literally MILLIONS of dogs and other animals waiting for homes in shelters and city pounds. If you are considering 'buying' rather than adopting because you want a specific breed, then find a shelter or organization that caters to that breed. People abandon animals with equal opportunity so no matter what breed you think you need to own find one that needs you and stop the senseless breeding of animals for profit.

I am so sorry that these google ads are here on my page and I will try to find a way to fix that even if I have to remove any ads. I need the money because I care for other animals fulltime but I don't want to have anything to do with animal breeders or pet stores.

Status: Approved


Crow Raven 8 months ago

What a wonderful journey you have been on together! The ending was beautiful but heartbreaking. Ruhka brightened each day like a sunbeam shining through the clouds. I will remember and celebrate Ruhka.

Status: Approved


Sharyn's Slant Level 7 Commenter 7 months ago

Hi Jennifer,

OH, I love this story. I recently had to have my dog, Buttons, put down last year on August 20. He was almost 15 years old. My cats in my life have somewhat eased my pain of missing Buttons. But it still hurts . . . I haven't been able to bring myself to write about him, yet. But I will eventually because he was the best. Thank you for sharing your wonderful story!

Status: Approved



Lucky Cats Level 8 Commenter 6 months ago

Ohhhhhh...this is so beautiful. So beautiful. Your loving tribute to your baby, your little black dog Ruhka. Your writing skills are incredible and matched only by your sensitivity and loving nature. What a blessing that you are on this earth, Jennifer. Your heart is right here, for all to see...and I am so glad to know that you are as you are..loving, kind and so aware of the value of all life. As you know, I share this feeling with you...a love and caring for my animal companions. We are GOOD people, Jennifer. Bless you, my friend. Kathy Of course, up, awesome, beautiful, like on FB and shared on FB...

Status: Approved



Jennifer Theories Hub Author 6 months ago

It takes one to know one, is the first thing that came to mind when I read your post. I thank you and I receive your compliments whole heartedly. We are good people, us that love and respect the lives of animals. I wouldn't be me without the experiences that I've had with that little dog. She made my son happy, she brought me and my husband closer together, she let us know she needed to be cared for and that she cared for us. Thank you for noticing this article and seeing that it was real, an expression of deeply felt love. Sometimes I think our culture is so fixated on sensationalism that no one notices but Kathy and the others that commented, you've shown me that people do notice and respond to just love, egoless love. Thank you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment